Set execution and responsibility in a task
Starting with the team cloud a task is always the responsibility of a person and performed by another person. Ideally the task is divided – officer and executor are not the same person. This increases the commitment and creates the opportunity to remind each other and give feedback.
The execution and responsibility can be easily selected in the corresponding fields via the drop-down menu:
- Officer can be any user with the authorization group manager or admin
- For the execution all users created in factor are eligible – including users with the authorization group “Employee” or “Guest”
What the officer can do in a task
Since the requirement for the responsibility of a task is the authorization group planner or admin, the responsible person is able to make all possible edits and changes in the task.
What a planner or admin can do in the execution
According to the authorization group, the possibilities of editing in the task differ.
For admins and planners it does not matter whether they are executors of a task or not concerning editing rights. If they have writing rights for a project or package, containing the task, they are able to make all possible edits and changes in the task.
Please note: Even if it has no advantages for admins or planners to be the executor of a task, in terms of editing, we recommend you to specify this.
Be sure to assign people of this permission group to the execution, if these people will mainly edit the task as well. These are the reasons:
1. Notifications about tasks in the newsfeed and the alarm bell are always sent to the executor and officer (and the subscriber) of a task. The executor is therefore always up to date concerning their task and immediately notices any changes that have been made.
2.Under “My tasks” the person concerned finds the task in the individual Kanban Board and thus has much more present what they still have to work on.
3. For the whole team it is transparent who is responsible for the execution of the task.
What an employee can do in the execution
An employee can only receive reading rights for a project due to their authorization group and functional rights involved. With the provided reading rights the person can only comment or set @mentions and upload files.
If an employee receives the execution for the task on top, they can additionally adjust the task details. This means they can:
- adjust the title and description
- edit and add subtasks
- assign responsibility and execution to another person
- adjust the time frame of a task (but not the successor tasks)
- establish dependencies and contextual associations to other tasks they perform
- assign priorities
- choose tags or create new one
- fill in custom fields
- adjust the planned effort of a task
Additionally, an employee can process the task to be performed as follows to provide good feedback on the current work status:
- adjust the status
- adjust the remaining effort, if the given time is not enough to finalize the task
- record time and add comments
- tick off subtasks
- set comments and @mentions
- upload files for intermediate result
As an executor, a person with the authorization group employee automatically becomes:
1. an expert in their own task and can therefore adapt the briefing and the general conditions for handling the task.
2. the person in charge, from whom good and timely feedback on the current work status is desired.
What a guest can do in the execution
Contrary to the authorization group “Employee”, a guest as an executor in a task can only adjust the elements, which are necessary for feedback. This means, they can:
Please note: A performing guest does not see custom fields or efforts in the task and therefore cannot record their time.